Association of State Universities of Caspian Region Countries
The Association of State Universities of Caspian Region Countries was established in 1996 by the initiative of Astrakhan State Technical University (Russia) and the Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (Iran). Baku State University is the member of the Association since 1997. The association includes 55 universities from 5 countries.
The main activities of the Association were identified:
- development of a unified system of university education in the specialties and areas of higher professional education, postgraduate and doctoral studies;
- study of the ecology of the Caspian Sea under the influence of natural and anthropogenic factors;
- improvement of the technology of artificial reproduction of Caspian sturgeon;
- development of methods for the recultivation of water areas and areas polluted with the oil products;
- legal problems of environmental protection of the Caspian states;
- the study of the history of the peoples of the Caspian region.