CLIMATE ACTION POLICY (CAP)
• The International Engagement of BSU: BSU demonstrates a dedication to sustainability that transcends geographical boundaries. BSU actively engages in regional and international networks that prioritize sustainability and higher education. These networks include esteemed associations and institutions such as the Eurasian Universities Union (EURAS), the Eurasian Universities Association (EUA), The Association of State Universities of Caspian Region Countries, the Black Sea Universities Network, CIS International Innovation Centre for Nanotechnology, and EIFL (Electronic Information for Libraries) and so on. These affiliations serve to emphasize our dedication and offer opportunities for cooperation and the sharing of knowledge on the most effective sustainability measures with similar organizations globally.
• Sustainable Procurement and Collaboration: BSU’s involvement in sustainable procurement encompasses not just its campus activities but also extends to collaborative endeavours with federal and international entities, alongside non -governmental organizations (NGOs). The dedication to sustainable practices at BSU is demonstrated through the active participation of its employees, including the chair of hydrometeorology, in various projects carried out by esteemed organizations such as the UN Development Program, the TACIS Program of the European Commission, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of the Republic of Azerbaijan, and the Melioration and Water Industry Open Joint-Stock Company. These collaborative efforts exemplify our commitment to promoting sustainability within and outside the realm of academia.
• Research and Innovation in Sustainability: BSU is actively engaged in cutting-edge research and innovation pertaining to sustainability and the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Department of Gender and Applied Psychology, for example, actively engages in international conferences such as the Worldwide Feminine International Conference. In addition, the institution organizes a multitude of training and educational initiatives that are specifically focused on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The programs encompass a diverse array of subjects, such as "An Overview of Gender Studies," "The Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals in Azerbaijan," "The Concept of Green and Blue Economy," "The Interplay between Food Securi ty and Sustainable Development," "The Phenomenon of Urbanization and its Implications for Urban Planning," and other related topics. These programs not only possess theoretical foundations but also equip students with practical knowledge and skills necessary to effectively tackle sustainability concerns in the real world.
• Emissions Reduction: The heating systems in BSU buildings have been transitioned to a clean and sustainable heating system, specifically the Modul type. According to the University Purchasing policy h ybrid cars have been purchased and are currently in use for our service needs. There is a plan in place to gradually replace all other BSU vehicles with sustainable hybrid cars.
• Renewable Energy: A single solar panel has been installed at BSU, and there are plans to install additional solar panels across the campus to promote sustainability.
MISSION OF THE POLICY
The Climate Action Policy of BSU is founded on a profound dedication to promoting a sustainable future, which entails the integration of rigorous scholarly research and active engagement with the community. Recognizing its position as the foremost educational establishment in Azerbaijan, BSU understands the profound impact of academics in fostering resilience, fostering creativity, and cultivating a clear comprehension of global environmental concerns. Our primary objective is to lead in academic-based sustainability projects, employing knowledge to generate practical solutions that surpass geographical limitations and contribute to worldwide environmental sustainability.
For more details see Climate Action Policy of Baku State University