POLICY ON EQUALITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION (EDI)
• University promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion policy among academic administrative staff and students.
• University raises awareness for equal rights and encourages individuals to show off for the injustice.
• University conducts regular workshops, training and informative sessions for employees and students.
• University set merit-based recruitment procedure for academic, administrative, and technical staff.
• University created a mechanism for reporting any unfair actions.
• All students can get in touch with the Rector directly via website and address their appeals and grievances according to any kind of unfair behaviors.
• All students can appeal and state grievances in person in a written form to the respective Unit and demand to act for any kind of unfair behaviors.
• The Ethic Code for Academicians and Employees was accepted by the Scientific Council and according to the respective provision(s), any kind unfair behavior is taken as a violation of the provisions of the abovementioned Code. In this case, it is needed to put sanctions or take preventive actions with the decision of The Disciplinary Committee.
• The Disciplinary Committee performs autonomously according to its statue, and audits the violations of the abovementioned Code provisions, including any kind of unfair behavior, and makes binding decisions.
• Holds training courses, seminars, and other informative sessions for students regarding their rights and responsibilities.
• During examination period, The Appeal Commission is formed, and students can address The Appeal Commission in any case of grievances.
• Conduct survey on monthly basis among students and according to the results preventive actions are taken regarding concerning issues and launch a prompt and in-depth examination into the claims following a report of unfair behavior. Then, take immediate measures and report the issues to responsible bodies.
• Community members who violate this policy may face sanctions, including expulsion of students or termination of workers. Employees who believe they are the victims of unfair behavior should report it right away.
• During policy making process and other related activities, different internal and external stakeholders are included within the process.
• There is the Disciplinary Committee which performs and investigates any violation cases on equality, diversity and inclusion and monitors the implementation of the policy.
• Providing academic and administrative staff and students with trainings are planned on Quality Assurance Center’s action plan.
MISSION OF THE POLICY
The Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy (hereinafter - EDI), aims to maintain equal rights for representatives from various races, genders, religions, ages, ethnical diversities, socioeconomic backgrounds, and people with disabilities. The policy ensures that individuals are treated fairly and even within the University community according to a set of principles, guidelines, and other state legislative acts. The mission of the Policy is to promote even chances, eliminate discrimination, and reform biases regardless of background. Moreover, EDI policy aims to foster inclusivity and create an equitable community that gives a sense of respect and belonging
For more details see POLICY ON EQUALITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION (EDI)